The St. Peter School Open House was held Sunday, January 29, 2017 from 12:00pm-2pm. Thanks to all who attended! Listen to the SPS Radio Spot...
The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.”
The theme encompasses several concepts that are at the heart of a Catholic education. First, schools are communities—small families in their own right, but also members of the larger community of home, church, city and nation. Faith, knowledge and service are three measures by which any Catholic school can and should be judged.
The logo features a swirl of colors interacting around a cross, which is at the center of all Catholic education. The vibrancy of the colors and the movement and shadows in the logo portray the inner-connectivity and community life that are present in our Catholic schools.
TOP 10 REASONS TO SEND YOUR CHILD TO ST. PETER CATHOLIC SCHOOL:
1. A Catholic tradition in a community of faith and learning
2. Balanced curriculum that includes art, music, physical education, science and foreign language
3. Emphasis on moral development, service to others and leadership skills
4. 100% acceptance rate for 8th graders into the high school of their choice*
5. A safe campus and nurturing environment
6. Exceptional faculty who help students reach their highest potential
7. Parental involvement which is encouraged and welcomed
8. Individual attention in a caring community that fosters lifelong friendships
9. Commitment to technology to enhance education including a computer lab with Smart Board technology
10. Good stewardship of resources
Partially taken from a list compiled by education experts at the National Catholic Education Association 2009.
Fully accredited school by NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges)
*High School acceptance rate based on 2009 graduating class.